Sign your middle school leaders up to our new Curriculum Specialists programme to develop their expertise in curriculum design. Using the latest evidence, they will learn how to meet new Ofsted expectations around designing and leading the curriculum.
Find out about Curriculum Specialists
Please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss how to apply.Enquire now
Content Back to top
This 18-month programme features high quality professional development steeped in rigorous curriculum scholarship and includes:
What they’ll learn:
- Middle leaders will be equipped to become their school’s specialist in designing curriculum and intent statements, put greater emphasis on how and what schools teach, rather than test results.
- Learning effective curriculum design skills, using the latest evidence from key practitioners, such as Willingham, Oates and Young.
- Participants will practice applying what they’ve learnt in their school context and receive structured feedback from their peers.
How they’ll learn:
- Face-to-face facilitated sessions through nine development days, with opportunities to share learning and insight, building a solid support network with like-minded peers tackling the same curriculum challenges.
- Peer group sessions will allow middle leaders to use the knowledge they’ve gained on the programme to problem solve and share ideas with colleagues.
- Independent work will focus on participants applying learnings to their school context.
Precise programme content is subject to change.
Why nominate? Back to top
Become Ofsted ready
Investing in middle leadership training that focuses on ‘curriculum intent’ means your school will be aligned with the new Ofsted framework.
This programme will help your middle leaders develop a curriculum framework for their school. They’ll be able to see how this breaks down at each stage of learning. This will support pupils, particularly the most disadvantaged and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities, to gain the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
Adopt curriculum-driven assessment
Middle leaders will learn how to effectively measure the knowledge and skills their pupils have developed at every stage of learning. This means they can review the impact of their curriculum – and adapt it if necessary.
Benefit from sector-leading ideas
Ambition Institute’s programme design team have researched the best, up-to-date knowledge that middle leaders need to lead change in their curriculum.
Practice professional development
Participants will develop expertise in team training, supporting others to learn and apply the curriculum and pedagogical principles.
Cost Back to top
The Curriculum Specialists programme costs £2,500 per person.
Next steps Back to top
Please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss how to apply.