Join our inspiring Future Leaders programme to become a headteacher within three years and help more pupils from disadvantaged areas.
Find out more about Future Leaders
Complete our quick enquiry form and our School Partnerships team will be in touchEnquire now
Content Back to top
In year one, you’ll benefit from:
- An inspiring summer residential, featuring evidence-based intensive leadership development training.
- Three weekends (at national locations) of learning with everyone on the course, providing development and guidance to help you become a headteacher in three years.
- Three regional one-day learning events to get up to speed on the latest issues affecting leading schools in disadvantaged areas.
- Six one-to-one coaching sessions with leadership coaches, providing ongoing support.
- Mentoring from an experienced head working in a similar context to offer guidance, ideas and insight.
- Termly meetings with a peer learning group to help you build a positive support network.
In year two, you’ll benefit from:
- Visits to exemplary schools across England to see great leadership in practice.
- Another summer residential to continue rapid development in a supportive environment, and develop lasting relationships with peers.
- Three weekends with everyone on the course, covering career guidance and support towards gaining headship.
- Six one-to-one coaching sessions and continued access to a mentor, providing application guidance and interview preparation.
You’ll also get the option to gain the NPQH for an extra £150 to cover assessment.
Why apply Back to top
Over three quarters of headteachers working with Future Leaders say they see an impact in their school after less than a term on the programme. The training also provides you with evidence for learning and whole-school improvement to meet Ofsted criteria.
Join 6,000 committed, like-minded and optimistic school leaders from over 1,900 schools, forming a powerful peer group.
Find your leadership style
Visit other schools and learn from experts leading the field, preparing you for becoming an outstanding headteacher.
Get the evidence you need to demonstrate credibility when you apply to become a headteacher. Four out of five Future Leaders say they reached their current position faster as a result of taking part in the course.
"One of my greatest supports is the network I have gained through Future Leaders. It has allowed me to share my issues confidentially and have an objective audience to go to for advice and support."
Impact Back to top
- Over three quarters of headteachers working with Future Leaders say they see an impact in their school after less than a term on the programme
- Four out of five Future Leaders say they reached their current position faster as a result of taking part in the programme
"Future Leaders has helped me to challenge the traditional view of what an education can be, so I can demand more for my students."
Cost Back to top
The course costs £3,000 per person, £1,500 is due each year. The rest of the cost is covered by the Department for Education.
Next steps Back to top
Please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss how you can apply to become a Future Leader.