The NPQML is for aspiring or serving middle leaders who are looking to develop in their role and gain the expertise needed to lead effectively.
Find out more about the NPQ alliance here.
Each NPQ – regardless of level and including the NPQML – covers seven leadership behaviours and six competencies:
- Personal drive
- Strategy and improvement
- Leading with impact
- Teaching and curriculum excellence
- Managing resources and risk
- Working in partnership
- Building capacity
To support you in this our NPQML includes as standard:
- Expert designed curriculum, content and resources
- 18 hours minimum of face-to-face, facilitated training delivered over at least two terms (but no more than 18months)
- Two 360 reviews (at the beginning and end of the programme)
- Option of a Viva
- Assessment support and full assessment of your final submission
- Trained and quality assured facilitators, many of whom are serving school-leaders
Because partners in our alliance can design their programme around our NPQ curriculum to suit the needs of their school(s) and the local context, each Partner’s programme may differ in certain ways:
- Cohort size
- Programme duration
- Programme structure and components
- Number of hours of each type of study
- Dates, times and locations of training sessions
- Eligibility and application process and timelines
- Fee/cost of programme including assessment
In order to achieve the NPQML you are required to complete one project over at least two terms and submit a written assignment for assessment (within 18 months of starting the programme). Details regarding the projects and curriculum can be found here.
Should you be interested in finding a programme being delivered by an alliance partner in your area, please go to our Regional Partner Directory. Should you wish to apply to join a partner’s programme please then contact them direct via the details provided there.