Coronavirus update: Our live cohorts are still going ahead with online learning and adapted content. Applications for our 2020 cohort are now closed but we are accepting interest in our 2021 cohort.
Ambition Institute’s Teacher Education Fellows is a two-year programme to help teacher educators to develop informed and intentional approaches to the most important components of teacher education.
Enquire about Teacher Education Fellows for your staff
Applications for our 2020 cohort are now closed but we are accepting interest in our 2021 cohort.Enquire Now
Content Back to top
On this course, participants will:
- Gain exposure to models of effective teacher education from the UK and abroad, helping them see what’s possible and how it can be achieved.
- Master the evidence around how people learn and improve, and refine how they share this with your teachers.
- Hone their ability to design and lead effective teacher education through deliberate practice.
- Gain support from our faculty to ensure they can effect change in your school/organisation.
- Make a lasting difference to their colleagues’ teaching and students’ learning.
- Join a community of like-minded teacher educators, a network to share ideas and learn from others, which will last long beyond the programme.
Why apply? Back to top
Develop – sustainably
The programme is designed to fit around and support teacher educators’ and schools’ existing priorities and commitments.
Teacher educators will work with peers and Ambition Institute’s faculty to improve teacher education nationally.
This course helps teacher educators master approaches to help every teacher improve.
Provide new learning and opportunities to keep your teacher educators fresh and enthusiastic.
Teacher educators will master the best evidence and latest thinking from education systems around the world.
A programme for the whole school
Develop one teacher educator, then watch them support the whole staff to improve.
“It has been rewarding working with other brilliant teacher educators to design opportunities for teachers to practise ‘fertile changes’ to their thinking about lesson planning.”
Cost Back to top
The programme costs £4,000 over two years. £2,000 in year one and £2,000 in year two.
Next steps Back to top
If you would like to nominate a colleague, please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch.