Coronavirus update: Our 2020 cohort is going ahead, and we are still welcoming applications and enquiries for this programme.
Our next cohort will begin with an online launch weekend from
Friday 24 to Saturday 25 July. A virtual summer residential will take place
from Saturday 15 Monday 17 August. The rest of the residential, face-to-face
content will be delivered across Year One of the programme. There will be
an additional three-day residential in February 2021.
Join our two-year developmental Future Leaders programme to become a headteacher within three years and gain the expertise required to prepare for leadership success.
Apply for Future Leaders
Applications are now open for our Future Leaders programme. Please apply using our application portal by clicking the link below.Apply now
Content Back to top
What you’ll learn:
- The skills and knowledge required to step up to headship and lead a school facing challenging contexts
- Insights on how to help close the attainment gap for disadvantaged pupils.
- A range of leadership models and skills with mentoring from an experienced headteacher.
- The latest leadership issues so you’re prepared for a wide range of school leadership challenges.
How you’ll learn:
- Evidence-informed leadership development training, starting with a comprehensive summer residential.
- Three weekends of learning with the whole cohort at national locations.
- Six one-to-one sessions with leadership coaches, who also provide ongoing support.
NPQs Back to top
Future Leaders includes the option to complete a National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH). In order to achieve the NPQH you will be required to complete two projects:
- The first project must take place in your school and last for at least two terms (this will already be a key part of the Future Leaders programme).
- The second project is located in a placement school over the course of nine days and requires you to submit two written submissions for assessment (within 18 months of starting the programme).
There is an additional cost of £150 to complete the NPQH. You will join a cohort of 100 senior leaders keen to develop their expertise.
Study required to achieve the NPQH is included in the programme model. Details regarding the projects and curriculum can be found here.
Find our performance against nationally set NPQ metrics here.
Why apply Back to top
You’ll be better able to evidence pupil learning and demonstrate whole-school impact linked to Ofsted criteria, whilst raising attainment.
Join 14,000 committed, like-minded school leaders, from over 2,800 schools, forming a powerful peer group.
Build knowledge and skills
You’ll visit other schools to help you learn from the best and change yours for the better, preparing you to become an exceptional headteacher.
Prepare for headship
Get the evidence you need to demonstrate credibility when you apply to become a headteacher. Four out of five Future Leaders say they reached their current position faster as a result of the programme.
Applications are now open for cohort 2020 starting this summer.
"One of my greatest supports is the network I have gained through Future Leaders. It has allowed me to share my issues confidentially and have an objective audience to go to for advice and support."
Cost Back to top
We currently have the following subsidies available:
Schools in AEA 5&6 can develop two leaders from £1,500
Schools in AEA 1-4 can develop two leaders from £4,500