In order to deliver our charitable mission, Ambition Institute will collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties, but rest assured, any information you share with us will be carefully guarded through our use of best practice security policies. Please read on for more details about how we use any personal information we collect about you.
- What kind of information we collect
- Why we collect this information
- How we use the information collected
- How we may disclose personal information
- Your right to access and correct your personal information
- Cookies and tracking technology
- Social networking and third-party sites
- Children's online privacy
- Contact us
1. What kind of information we collect and why
In order to deliver our charitable mission, Ambition Institute will collect information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual. This includes when you visit our site as it helps us to improve your user experience. The types of information we collect include:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information required when making an application for programmes offered by Ambition Institute. This includes; date of birth, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, gender re-assignment, faith, disability, education and work history, criminal declaration and the photograph you upload as part of your application
- Information required to enrol successful applicants as participants, including medical information, next of kin details, teaching number, a professional biography and personal facts
- Additional information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events (“Personal Information”)
We also collect aggregate information about you and your use of our site whenever you visit us online. For instance, we may collect various forms of “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for our site (i.e. referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type.
In addition, when users request pages on our site, our servers automatically log their IP addresses (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are accessing the internet).
We use third-party software that tracks traffic directed to our site from affiliate sites and the purchases that result from this traffic. This information is aggregated and is not tied to an individual application or inquiry. This aggregated information will not be used to identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes. We will only collect, store, and share aggregate information that does not personally identify you. We will only share information with other companies in limited circumstances and only for specific purposes (for example, for our analysis of use of our website). When we share such information with other companies, it is not traceable to any particular user, and will not be used to contact you.
2. Why we collect this information
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any other relevant data protection laws. Our legal basis for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Consent: you have consented to us using your data for specific purposes; when this is required we will ask you to opt-in to provide your consent
- Contract fulfilment: your personal information is required in order for us to fulfil a contract that we hold with you; the types of data we will collect and the ways we will use it will be outlined in the contract between you and Ambition Institute
- Legitimate interest: we have a business reason to use your information, which does not unfairly affect your interests, rights or freedom; we will explain our legitimate interest for using your data where this is the case. You have the right to object to us using your personal information on this basis.
3. How we use the personal information collected
Ambition Institute may use personal information about you for purposes described in this policy or disclosed to you on our site. For example, we may use personal information to:
- Assist in the assessment of your application for programmes offered by Ambition Institute.
- Respond to your inquiries, post your comments or statements on online forums
- Communicate with you by email, text message, telephone and post about your application or inquiry
- Communicate with you by email, text message, telephone and post if enrolled on one of our programmes or other offers
- If you opt-in, we may communicate with you occasionally about other Ambition Institute opportunities or for important research purposes. If you consented to receive this additional information we want you to know that we will always do our best to provide information to you that is up-to-date and relevant, whether that is by email, post, text or phone. All our newsletter communications include the option to unsubscribe at any time. We are also currently developing an online preference centre to allow all our contacts to manage how they are contacted. In the meantime, if you wish to change how we contact you, please email us at: [email protected].
4. How we may disclose personal information
Your privacy is very important to us. We won't sell your personal information or share it with anyone outside of Ambition Institute for the purposes of marketing.
In some circumstances, we may need to share your information with other organisations to deliver our work. This includes sharing information with partners, such as the Department for Education who may need to respond to your requests or inquiries or help us operate and improve our site or any programmes offered by Ambition Institute.
Ambition Institute reserves the right to use or disclose any personal information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
All information collected through our site is considered a trade secret of Ambition Institute. As the owner of such information, we will transfer such information, including personal information, as an asset of the company in conjunction with the sale to a third-party of our company or a portion of our assets.
5. Your right to access and correct your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- The right to rectification: the right to ask us to update any of your personal information that is incorrect or incomplete
- The right to erasure: the right to ask us to delete your personal information from our systems. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’
- The right to access: the right to see what information we hold about you
- The right to restrict processing: the right to ask us to stop using your personal data
- The right to data portability: the right to request a copy of your personal information so that you can reuse it for your own purposes
- The right to object: the right to object to use processing certain types of information
The Information Commissioner’s Office provides more information about these rights.
If you would like to contact us about any of these rights, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at Ambition Institute, The Yellow Building, 1 Nicholas Road, London, W11 4AN. We will respond to you within 30 days of receiving your request and you will not be charged for this service.
6. Cookies and tracking technology
Our website uses Google Analytics technology and small text files called cookies so that we can improve your online experience – for example, by remembering you when you come back to visit us.
Cookies are small pieces of data that we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to personal information that you provide to us through your interaction at our site.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. A detailed list of the cookies used on our website can be found below:
cookies_approval – this cookie indicates whether the user has accepted the website cookies policy or not.
PHPSESSID – this cookie stores temporary information to enable site functionality and is automatically deleted when the browser is closed.
__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz – these cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use the site. The web development team use the information to compile reports and on occasion to help improve the site. Examples of information collected by these cookies include the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. No personally indefinable data is collected.
Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Ambition Institute across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of Ambition Institute’s website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer. The cookie states "This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page." Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
7. Social networking and third-party sites
8. Children's online privacy
Ambition Institute recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen years. When a user discloses personal information on our site, the user is representing to us that he or she is an adult. If a child has provided Ambition Institute with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian e-mail us at [email protected] and we will delete the child's information from our records.
9. Contact us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, you can:
Email us: [email protected]
Telephone us: 0203 116 0808
Fax us: 020 7691 9585
Write to us: Ambition Institute, The Yellow Building, 1 Nicholas Road, London, W11 4AN.