This in-depth, face-to-face consultative review helps trusts to diagnose, prioritise and implement changes that will benefit staff and pupils alike. You will work with experienced leaders from the academy sector to develop a plan to transform your trust and improve outcomes for all pupils.
Find out more about the Trust Diagnostic
Fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of the team will be in touch with next steps.Enquire now
“The conduct, engagement and integrity of the entire process from the whole team was first class throughout.” Keith, CEO at Windsor Academy Trust
Content Back to top
The Trust Diagnostic takes place over six to eight months and is split into three phases:
- Diagnosis: Using insights and learning from trusts across our network, we will work with you to review the overall capacity and sustainability of your trust. Using Ambition’s diagnostic tool, we will gather data from your trust on everything from vision and values to communication, being a great employer, governance and board strategy. Our system leader experts will then help you identify trends and areas for further investigation.
- Investigation: The second phase includes a Discovery Day of intensive face-to-face conversations, focusing on three agreed objectives taken from our analysis of the diagnostic survey. This involves interviews and focus groups with people involved at all levels – from the Chair of your board to support staff in your schools. You will receive an in-depth Discovery Report with recommendations to help you shape the strategic direction of your trust. Following our second phase conversations, we will support you through the implementation of changes, including access to the expertise of the review team and the support of Ambition Institute.
- Evaluation: At the end of the review period we will repeat the diagnostic survey to evaluate the impact of the change process and what new areas might be a priority. The data from this will inform a six-month review meeting with one of our leading experts. Together, we will look at what has already been improved and any further recommendations to build capacity within and beyond your trust.
The programme is delivered by a range of experts from the sector. These include CEOs of trusts that been through complex change, meaning they can provide invaluable insights to help your trust improve. The programme is supportive and non-judgemental. By joining the Trust Diagnostic you will gain real insight to help your trust move forward for the benefit of the pupils you serve, and make a positive contribution to the whole trust sector.
Note: Each review is built around the needs of the individual trust and, as a result, programme content is subject to change.
Why apply? Back to top
- Gain detailed insight. Our trust diagnostic tool turns data gathered from people working at all levels of your trust into real insight. This allows you to zone in on your trust’s strengths and weaknesses and identify areas for improvement.
- Learn from experts. Gain a greater understanding of the system, with exclusive insight from a trained team of 20 highly effective trust CEOs and Chairs, led by Sir David Carter.
- Receive quality reports. The review provides high quality reports including analysis of the diagnosis phase and a specific Discovery Report on the Discovery Day conversations, helping you to work with your trustees and external stakeholders to support change and improve performance. Owned by you and your trust, these reports are targeted and action-focused.
- Collaborate with colleagues. Grow your relationships across your trust. This is a unique opportunity for you to develop a clear and strategic action plan with direct input from your senior executive team through to your pupils and parents. You’ll get a 360 review – vital support to help you transform your multi-academy trust into a successful and cohesive organisation that delivers better and better standards for children.
- Build trust-to-trust working. Working with our review teams enables you to learn from expert leaders with sector experience, who are uniquely placed to understand the unique requirements of your region and trust.
Cost Back to top
The Trust Diagnostic costs £10,000. A reduced price is available if your trust has fewer than 1,000 pupils. For more information, please contact us.
Eligibility Back to top
This diagnostic review is open to CEOs or Chairs of Trustees of multi-academy trusts or similar school group organisations.
Next steps Back to top
Please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss how to apply.