Improve the life chances of your trust’s pupils
Trust leaders have the largest span of influence across the education system. This means becoming an expert trust leader and developing your practice will positively impact on the life chances of young people across your trust.
Become a successful CEO
Benefit from exclusive insight into the political and operational layers of our education system from system leadership experts.
Develop greater understanding of yourself and your organisation through self-reflection in a supportive environment.
Explore approaches to leading complex organisations over multiple sites
Investigate the complexities of the academy system and learn the practical strategies to build a unified trust culture.
Gain insight into leading trusts, how they achieve success and the barriers they overcome.
Drive change at scale
Build your understanding of change theory with direct application to the trust sector.
Develop a clear, strategic vision for your trust to lead improvement across schools, raising standards and outcomes for pupils.
Build strong links with your stakeholders
Develop your communication skills to engage with your trust, your community and the media.
Learn how to influence and managing complex stakeholders.
Grow a talent management approach across your trust
Design a trust-specific talent strategy and build a sustainable workforce for the future.
Understand what works in continuous professional development so that you can help your teachers and leaders to keep getting better.
Build a peer network of system leaders
Meet and share knowledge with a large group of like-minded CEOs and executive leaders working in similar contexts.
As a graduate of the Trust Leaders programme you will join our alumni community, made up of leading minds across the sector.
*The Trust Leaders programme is currently under review and is being redesigned using the latest research and expertise from Ambition Institute and partners across the sector.*
Our previous programme explored the following themes:
- Conference events sharing evidence informed insights and strategies to develop your trust.
- Peer networking event with participants from previous cohorts of Trust Leaders, in partnership with our strategic partner, the Confederation for School Trusts (CST), the sector body for trusts.
- Visit to a sector leading trust.
- Seminars from system experts who'll share stories, insights and how they overcame challenges across their trusts.
- Six hours of executive coaching, giving you individualised support to unlock your full leadership potential.
- Peer-to-peer development sessions to learn from leaders facing similar challenges.
- Contribute to the system with the opportunity to create a focused case study and showcase your learning, expertise and solutions to the sector.
- Access to leadership expertise from outstanding individuals and organisations, drawing on findings from our People Power and Building Trusts research.
This programme is currently under review. Register your interest to hear more about this course as it becomes available.
The cost of our Trust Leaders programme is under review. Register today to hear more about the course as it becomes available.
We're currently welcoming interest for our future cohorts. Fill out this quick enquiry form and we'll get back to you with more information.
This course is will be open to executive leaders of a trust or similar school group organisation including:
- Newly appointed MAT CEOs
- Existing MAT CEOs who are looking to lead growth or change in their organisation
- Directors of Education who are working in a MAT, supporting its growth strategy, or looking to take up the role of CEO