By joining our Trust Leaders training programme, your staff can become exceptional leaders, support you in the growth of your organisation and transform the lives of pupils in disadvantaged areas.
Find out about Trust Leaders
We're now welcoming applications for our next cohort which will start in January 2020. Please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss how you can apply. The closing date for applications is Monday 25 November.Enquire now
"My commitment is to support CEOs to strategically lead their MATs better than they thought possible, while helping them raise standards for pupils and become the employer of choice in their community."
Why apply? Back to top
Improve the life chances of your trust’s pupils
- Trust leaders have the largest span of influence across our education system. By becoming an expert trust leader, participants will help your trust to improve and will positively impact on the life chances of children in your schools that you may never meet.
Become a successful CEO
- Your participants will gain a greater understanding of themselves, your organisation and the system, with exclusive insight into the political and operational layers of our education system from experts including Sir David Carter.
- Self-reflection in a safe environment to identify their strengths and personal priorities.
Explore approaches to leading complex organisations over multiple sites
- Investigate the complex academy system and learn the practical strategies to build a single trust culture.
- Gain insight into leading trusts, how they achieve success and the barriers they overcome.
Drive change at scale
- Your participants will build their understanding of change theory with direct application to the trust sector.
- They will develop a clear, strategic vision for your trust to lead improvement across schools, raising standards and outcomes for pupils.
Build strong communication links with stakeholders
- They’ll develop your communication skills to engage with your trust, the community and the media.
- Learn how to influence and managing complex stakeholders.
Grow a talent management approach across your trust
- Design a trust specific talent strategy and build a sustainable workforce for the future.
- Understand what works in continuous professional development so that they can help teachers and leaders to keep getting better.
Build a powerful network
- Meet and share knowledge with a large group of like-minded CEOs and executive leaders working in similar contexts.
- As a graduate of the Ambition Institute Trust Leaders programme, your participants will join our alumni of the programme who represent the leading minds across the sector.
Content Back to top
The Trust Leaders programme has been designed using the latest research and expertise from within Ambition Institute and across the sector.
On this programme, your participants will benefit from:
- Four two-day residential events, led by sector experts, sharing evidence informed insights and strategies to develop your trust (Residential One – 27-28 January 2020; Residential Two – 24-25 March 2020; Residential Three – 4-5 June 2020; Residential Four – 12-13 October 2020)
- Learning visits to leading trusts to see how these insights are applied in practice
- Six hours of executive coaching, giving your participants specific support to unlock their full leadership potential
- Peer-to-peer development sessions to learn from leaders facing similar challenges
- Access to leadership expertise from outstanding individuals and organisations, drawing on findings from our People Power and Building Trusts research
- Access to 360-degree and trust diagnostic tools to analyse your progress and highlight areas for further development
"The opportunity to meet and discuss similar challenges with like-minded trust CEOs has been hugely beneficial. As a CEO of a trust that is in its infancy, the programme has provided critical insight into the potential challenges and barriers we may face as we grow and also considering some of the solutions from those who’ve been there before us."
Cost Back to top
The programme costs £9,450.
Next steps Back to top
We're now welcoming applications for our next cohort which will start in January 2020. Please fill out this quick enquiry form and our team will be in touch to discuss how you can apply.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 10 December.