The Learning Curriculum 3.0
Three years ago, the pilot cohort of our Teacher Education Fellows programme faced a problem. We found clear explanations of student learning, but we lacked equivalent guidance about how to teach teachers these principles.
- How we should sequence learning about these principles?
- How we could evidence and illustrate these principles accessibly yet defensibly?
- How we could check teachers’ understanding?
We codified their experiences and ideas into The Learning Curriculum: a guide for teacher educators teaching teachers the science of learning.
Each year, a new cohort of Teacher Education Fellows uses The Learning Curriculum, and helps us to refine it – we are now able to launch Version 3.
Among the improvements in this version, we have:
- Provided more examples of practice in early years and primary settings
- Offered separate guidance on possible applications and training activities for novice and experienced teachers
- Made non-examples less obvious, to help teachers think harder about them
- Provided a technical appendix offering further reading about each principle
We hope you find this third edition more useful than the second; we look forward to making the fourth edition even better, with your help.
Download The Learning Curriculum 3.0Download