Our reach and impact
Ambition Institute and our predecessor organisations have supported over 14,000 educators across 2,800 schools and trusts, impacting on the lives of 1.5 million children.
Middle leadership impact
Our Expert Middle Leaders programme (previously Teaching Leaders) gives high-potential middle leaders the skills to drive school-wide improvement. We are proud of the proven impact this has achieved compared with similar schools.
- Disadvantaged primary children make significantly better progress in reading with a programme participant*
- More children get a higher grade at GCSE with a programme participant*
- Expert Middle Leaders (previously Teaching Leaders) is the only middle leadership development programme in England that has been independently shown to have impact on pupil outcomes
Our Future Leaders programme prepares senior leaders to become headteachers of schools in challenging contexts. We measure the impact of the programme after alumni have been headteachers for three or more years.
- Over 25% more disadvantaged primary children reach the expected standard in reading, writing and maths with a Future Leader headteacher*
- Over 20% more secondary children get a standard pass in English and maths GCSEs with a Future Leader*
- Our programmes have helped almost 400 participants achieve headship
"Ambition Institute has had a huge impact on our school improvement journey at Queen Elizabeth’s Academy. Two of our senior leadership team have embarked upon the Masters in Expert Teaching and it has had a huge impact within their classrooms, but on a wider scale it has helped us to frame our school improvement programme, our teaching and learning philosophy and our approach to evidence based research.”
Helena Brothwell, Principal, Queen Elizabeth’s Academy
*Data from 2016/17; compared with independently statistically-matched similar schools