Our reach and impact
Our predecessor organisations have supported over 14,000 educators across 2,800 schools and trusts, impacting on the lives of 1.5 million children.
Over the next five years we’ll expand our reach to a further 15,000 educators across 7,800 schools and trusts, helping them to give more children the best education.
Middle leadership impact
Our Teaching Leaders programme gives high-potential middle leaders the skills to drive school-wide improvement. We are proud of the proven impact this has achieved compared with similar schools.
- Disadvantaged primary children make significantly better progress in reading with a Teaching Leader*
- More children get a higher grade at GCSE with a Teaching Leader*
- Teaching Leaders is the only middle leadership development programme in England that has been independently shown to have impact on pupil outcomes
Our Future Leaders programme prepares senior leaders to become headteachers of schools in challenging contexts. We measure the impact of the programme after alumni have been headteachers for three or more years.
- Over 25% more disadvantaged primary children reach the expected standard in reading, writing and maths with a Future Leader headteacher*
- Over 20% more secondary children get a standard pass in English and maths GCSEs with a Future Leader*
- Our programmes have helped almost 400 participants achieve headship
"Ambition Institute has had a huge impact on our school improvement journey at Queen Elizabeth’s Academy. Two of our senior leadership team have embarked upon the Masters in Expert Teaching and it has had a huge impact within their classrooms, but on a wider scale it has helped us to frame our school improvement programme, our teaching and learning philosophy and our approach to evidence based research.”
Helena Brothwell, Principal, Queen Elizabeth’s Academy
*Data from 2016/17; compared with independently statistically-matched similar schools