How can we try to overcome learning loss?
We’re proud to be working with partners from across the sector to deliver the Summer Series: a programme of free webinars to support teachers and school leaders through, and beyond, the coronavirus outbreak.
In our ninth and last session Ambition Institute's Paula Delaney looks at ways teachers can overcome learning loss.
Paula is joined by:
- Carly Moran, Deputy Headteacher at Westminster City School
- Rachel Speed, Head of Quality Education at CPD Federation
Watch back to learn about:
- Cognitive science on forgetting
- Research on forgetting and the education gap
- Strategies to overcome forgetting – for now and in the future
If you enjoyed the session, here is some suggested reading to further your knowledge:
- Tips for effective teaching if you have to teach at a distance. Paul Kirschner, 2020
- Remote Learning: Rapid Evidence Assessment. Education Endowment Foundation, 2020
- The COVID-19 induced learning loss – What is it and how it can be mitigated? Le Thu Huong and Teerada Na Jatturas
- Why Don’t Students Like School? Willingham, D.T., 2009. American Educator, 5. 4-13
- Retrieval Strength Vs. Storage Strength. Yan, V., 2018
Don't miss our other webinars
We’ll be continuing to deliver webinars over the summer term, hosted by Ambition Institute staff and experts from across the education sector.Find out more