Motivating pupils when schools re-open
We’re proud to be working with partners from across the sector to deliver the Summer Series: a programme of free webinars to support teachers and school leaders through, and beyond, the coronavirus outbreak.
In our latest session, Ambition Institute’s Dean for Learning Design, Peps Mccrea, explores motivation: what is it, and how can we boost it when pupils return to classrooms?
Peps is joined by Caroline Spalding, Future Leader and Assistant Headteacher in Derbyshire. Watch back as they discuss:
- Why is motivating pupils important?
- How does motivation work?
- What evidence-informed methods for boosting motivation can teachers and school leaders use as they begin to welcome more children back to classrooms?
If you enjoyed Peps’ session, here is some further reading on motivation and how it can be used in the classroom:
- Is it time for a 'science of motivation'? (Peps Mccrea)
- The science of motivation (Kou Murayama)
- Motivation to learn: an overview of contemporary theories (David Cook)
- The crucial role of motivation and emotion in the classroom (Monique Boekaerts)
- An introduction to Behavioural Economics (Alain Samson)
- Nudging in education (Metter Trier Damgaard, Helena Skty Nielsen)
Don't miss our other webinars
We’ll be continuing to deliver webinars over the summer term, hosted by Ambition Institute staff and experts from across the education sector.Find out more