Coronavirus update: We are still welcoming applications and expressions of interest for future cohorts. You can find the latest updates on current programme delivery here.
With retention an issue across the education sector, investment in teachers’ development has never been more important, especially for those who are just starting out. This brand new, DfE-funded programme builds on the thinking behind the Early Career Framework to help educators early in their careers to develop expertise and improve wellbeing and job satisfaction.
We are delivering this programme to schools and trusts in Manchester, Bradford, Doncaster and across the North East.
Find out more about our Early Career Teachers programme
To find out more please complete this quick enquiry form and our team will be in touch.Enquire Now
"The Early Career Framework and the opportunities it provides to new teachers is a game changer for the sector. We're really excited to be part of the team delivering this new entitlement for Early Career Teachers and their mentors."
Content Back to top
The Early Career Teachers programme is a blended learning experience that provides teachers and their mentors with high quality, evidence-informed training and materials alongside scaffolding to ensure effective mentoring.
What they'll learn:
- All the ‘learn that’ and ‘learn how to’ content of the Early Career Framework, including behaviour, instruction, curriculum, assessment and self-regulation.
- What effective teaching looks like, through specific examples and explanations of how and why this practice works so early career teachers get put on the path to teaching expertise.
- How to keep getting better in a systematic manner, so they can continue to improve and thrive during their career.
How they'll learn:
- A carefully designed combination of face-to-face training, virtual peer-learning groups, expert-led webinars and weekly video tutorials, which all sit alongside support for effective mentoring.
- All content is designed and delivered by experts in teacher education, drawing upon the best available evidence in how teachers learn.
- Programme components have been designed intentionally to fit with the demands of schools and the busy lives of teachers, keeping travel and cover requirements to a minimum, and providing online learning that can be undertaken at any time, in any place, on any device.
Precise programme content will evolve as the evidence base develops.
Why apply? Back to top
- Retain your staff. Provide the quality professional development and mentoring that new teachers need to consolidate and become effective and satisfied in their roles, and stay in the profession.
- Cutting edge insight. Give your early career teachers and mentors access to the best available evidence, alongside internationally-recognised effective practice from around the world.
Cost Back to top
The Early Career Teachers programme is funded by the Department for Education. Ambition Institute is delivering this programme in Manchester, Bradford, Doncaster and the North East.
Eligibility Back to top
Newly Qualified Teachers are eligible for this programme. Ambition Institute is delivering this programme to schools and trusts in Manchester, Bradford, Doncaster and across the North East. Schools are expected to put all their NQTs and associated mentors on the programme.
Next steps Back to top
Please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps.