How to teach effectively online
We’re proud to be working with partners from across the sector to deliver the Summer Series: a programme of free webinars to support teachers and school leaders through, and beyond, the coronavirus outbreak.
In the first episode of the series, Ambition Institute Fellow Steve Farndon shares research-based techniques for planning and delivering effective online teaching. Steve is joined by Josh Goodrich, Assistant Head at Oasis Academy Southbank and Oak National Academy, sharing tips and insights from his virtual classroom.
Watch this online training session to learn:
- Prioritise teacher time to best support your students
- Introduce new topics to your students online
- Develop and reinforce student learning online
If you found Steve and Josh's webinar useful, here is some suggested reading to further your knowledge of how to plan and deliver effective virtual teaching.
- Online teaching: what next? (Steve Farndon)
- The recipe for misery (Matthew Evans)
- Learning: What is it and how might we catalyse it? (Peps Mccrea)
- Online teaching: five things to consider before you start (Steve Farndon)
- Powerful Action Steps (Josh Goodrich)
Don't miss our other webinars
We’ll be continuing to deliver the Summer Series over the summer term, hosted by Ambition Institute staff and experts from across the education sector.Find out more