Summer Series webinars
Practical training webinars and virtual roundtables to tackle the challenges you're facing.
The coronavirus lockdown and school closures have created new and different challenges for teachers and school leaders.
That’s why we’ve created free and open access content to help you do your jobs in exceptional circumstances.
Our Summer Series of practical training webinars and virtual roundtables addresses the current challenges schools are facing and the widening disadvantage gap that we will have to close, together.
Webinars are delivered by our faculty and feature teachers and school leaders from across the sector. Watch back to hear about:
- Effective online learning
- Assessing and closing the disadvantage gap after Covid-19
- Pastoral care and curriculum design for when schools reopen
- Supporting NQTs when schools re-open
- Building system-wide resilience
Watch on demand
- How to teach effectively online. Ambition Institute Fellow Steve Farndon shared research-based techniques for planning and delivering effective online teaching. Watch back here >
- How will we tackle the disadvantage gap when schools re-open? Ambition's Sir David Carter, hosted a virtual roundtable discussion with experts from across the sector on how schools and trusts can prepare for re-opening. Watch back here >
- Assessing and meeting pupils' needs. Harry Fletcher-Wood spoke to an assessment expert plus two headteachers about how we can understand the needs of pupils when they can safely return to the classroom. Watch back here >
- Motivating pupils when schools re-open. Peps Mccrea discussed motivation with Assistant Headteacher Caroline Spalding, who shared some insights on how to use it in the classroom. Watch back here >
- Curriculum after closures: what should schools prioritise? Melissa Thomlinson led a discussion with school leaders and education experts on how curriculum can help schools as they re-open. Watch back here >
- What does a pandemic mean for school leadership development? Jen Barker and Tom Rees led a discussion on the impact the pandemic will have on school leadership development, and how we can begin to address the challenges faced. Watch back here >
- Back to school: How can we support NQTs from September? Genevieve Field hosted a roundtable with experts from across the sector, looking at how NQTs will be impacted by the pandemic and what we can do to support their development and well-being. Watch back here >
- How can we try to overcome learning loss? Paula Delaney, along with teachers Rachel Speed and Carly Moran, addressed how we can support pupils following disruption to their learning. The recording will be available soon.
Catch up on our webinars
All our sessions have been recorded and are available to watch on-demandWatch now