Ambition Institute NPQ Alliance
We deliver National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) in two ways. A number of our school and system leadership programmes contain NPQs as optional qualifications. We also offer the NPQH, NPQSL and NPQML through a national alliance of school trusts, teaching school alliances and teaching schools.
How the NPQ Alliance works
We work closely with school trusts, teaching school alliances and teaching schools to provide high-quality NPQs, delivered in-school.
Our partners design, manage and deliver their own bespoke programme around the core NPQ curricula, content and resources we provide. We also provide facilitator training and quality assurance to support partners to deliver the best possible development to participants.
Benefits of the NPQ Alliance
Local adaptation: Partners can adapt programme structure and delivery to suit their local context and need.
A clear career pathway for leaders: NPQs now stretch from middle leadership to a new qualification for executive leaders of multiple schools. Drawing on expertise and experience across the full spectrum of leadership, the alliance can help schools and trusts offer their staff a clear pathway of expert career progression.
Scale: With over 30 partners nationally, the alliance draws on the extensive skills, experience and best practice of its members to design and deliver programmes that have real impact.
Strategic improvement: Ambition Institute is committed to ensuring high-quality educator development is available across the country and keeps getting better.
Our offer to partners
- Each NPQ delivered by a partner includes as standard:
- Curriculum, content and resources designed by Learning Design experts at Ambition Institute
- 18 hours’ minimum of face-to-face, facilitated training delivered over at least two terms (but no more than 18 months)
- Two 360° reviews (at the beginning and end of the programme)
- Option of a viva
- Assessment support and full assessment of your final submission
- Trained and quality assured facilitators, many of whom are serving school-leaders
Alliance partners can adapt their NPQ delivery, so programmes may differ in a number of ways:
- Cohort size
- Programme duration
- Programme structure and components
- Number of hours of each type of study
- Dates, times and locations of training sessions
- Eligibility and application process and timelines
- Fee/cost of programme including assessment
If you are interested in joining the NPQ alliance please email [email protected] to discuss your eligibility and the application process in more detail. You can find your nearest Ambition NPQ alliance delivery partner via our Regional Partner Directory. If you would like to join one of their programmes or discuss your options in more detail please contact them directly.
It is also possible to gain the NPQML, NPQSL, NPQH and NPQEL directly with Ambition Institute:
NPQML/NPQSL: as part of Expert Middle Leaders
NPQH: as part of Headship and Future Leaders
NPQEL: as part of Executive Leaders
Find our performance against nationally set NPQ metrics here.