Our Curriculum for Senior Leaders programme helps senior leaders to improve how and what pupils learn, alongside outcomes and test results.
Designed to help you implement change and assess impact it will help you adapt your curricula following the disruption of school closures.
Benefits for you
Drive curriculum change
You will develop the skills and knowledge to confidently change the curriculum in your school. This will involve working with your senior leadership team to create a ‘vision of intent’ for your school-wide curriculum and using it to support middle leaders in their subject areas.
Improve pupil outcomes
This training will help you develop a clear cross-subject curriculum framework for your school. You’ll be able to see how this breaks down at each stage of learning. This will support pupils, particularly the most disadvantaged and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities, to gain the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
Access industry-leading resources
You will learn from the latest research and have access to top-quality examples and models across subjects and stages. These include school-wide vision statements, progression maps, long-term plans and teacher educator materials.
Gain peer-to-peer support
Build close relationships with colleagues facing the same challenges. Peer groups give you the opportunity to practice taking concepts you’ve learnt from training into practice, to embed your learning.
Benefits for your school
Lead school-wide improvement
Your senior leaders will develop a clearly thought out, ambitious vision for a whole-school curriculum.
This programme will help your senior leaders develop a curriculum framework for their school. They’ll be able to see how this breaks down at each stage of learning. This will support pupils, particularly the most disadvantaged and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities, to gain the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
Promote professional development
Senior leaders will share their learning with colleagues, helping make sure the new curriculum model is understood by your school’s middle leadership team and introduced across all subjects.
Meet Ofsted expectations
Investing in senior leadership training that focuses on ‘curriculum intent’ means your school will be fully aligned with the new Ofsted framework.
This 18-month programme features high quality professional development steeped in rigorous curriculum scholarship and includes:
What you’ll learn:
- This programme will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to develop and implement a vision for your school-wide curriculum.
- The tools to train middle leaders to apply your curriculum vision through intent and implementation.
- Training informed by the latest research and evidence in curriculum design.
How you’ll learn:
- Face-to-face facilitated sessions via nine development days where you’ll use the latest evidence from key practitioners, such as Willingham, Oates and Young, to learn effective curriculum design skills. You can share learning and insight, building a solid support network with like-minded peers tackling the same curriculum challenges.
- Peer group sessions which allow you to use the knowledge you’ve gained on the programme and share best practice with colleagues.
- Practice applying the learnings of the programme to your own school context via both independent work and feedback from peers.
Precise programme content is subject to change.
The Curriculum for Senior Leaders programme costs £3,500 per person.
To apply, you must be a senior leader – such as a headteacher or CEO of a multi-academy trust – with explicit responsibility for the curriculum across your whole school.
If you're ready to start your application, click here.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch.