Develop your talented leaders with our Executive Leaders training course to support them to better understand the role of an executive leader. The programme has been designed using the latest research and expertise from within Ambition Institute and across the sector to support your staff to transform the lives of pupils in disadvantaged areas.
Find out about Executive Leaders
We're now welcoming applications for our Autumn 2020 cohort of Executive Leaders. Please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss how your staff can apply.Enquire now
Content Back to top
On this three-term course, your leaders will benefit from:
- Six days of expert-led training delivered over three intensive, two-day conferences, focusing on personal development and exploring different approaches to improving schools. The next cohort will begin in the autumn term with the first conference taking place online on 9-10 November. Conference two and three will take place in February and May 2021.
- Access to three hours of one-to-one coaching with a professional coach to unlock your executive leadership potential.
- A learning visit to a trust, including a workshop linked to your organisation’s aims and priorities.
- Leadership expertise from outstanding individuals and organisations working in education.
- Peer learning opportunities to expand knowledge and build a support network.
- An opportunity to gain an NPQEL, a nationally-recognised leadership qualification (optional).
Why apply? Back to top
Excel as an Executive Leader
Build the confidence and knowledge you need to navigate executive leadership across several schools.
Explore the latest approaches to school improvement
Develop and action an improvement plan which raises outcomes for pupils across several schools.
Develop a targeted skillset
Learn the behavioural and technical competencies needed to thrive as an executive leader from a range of education system experts
Build a peer-to-peer network
Learn from and share experiences with a powerful group of like-minded individuals facing the same challenges.
Gain a professional qualification
If you choose to complete the optional NPQEL, you will have a nationally recognised executive leadership qualification.
- Improvement focus. Leadership that delivers consistent approaches for improved teaching and learning, professional development and curriculum across your schools.
- Learn from industry-leading expertise. This programme is run by the sector’s leading educators, giving your organisation the chance to learn from, and connect with, a wide network of educational talent.
Cost Back to top
The programme costs £5,950.
NPQs Back to top
Executive Leaders includes the option to complete a National Professional Qualification for Executive Leaders (NPQEL), at no additional cost.
To achieve the NPQEL , participants must complete two projects focusing on the following:
- Design a sustainable business development strategy for your organisation, analysing costs, risks and benefits of various options and submit a written assessment of no more than 4,000 words.
- Lead a project to improve progress and attainment across several schools (exact focus to be agreed) and submit a written assessment of no more than 4,000 words.
Details regarding the projects and curriculum can be found here.
Participants will join a cohort of approximately 40 leaders and will have 12 months to complete your NPQEL (submission by November 2021)
Find our performance against nationally set NPQ metrics here.
Next steps Back to top
The application deadline for our autumn 2020 cohort is 27 October.
Please fill out this quick enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss how your staff can apply.