Join our Executive Leaders with NPQEL training programme to better understand the role of an executive leader. The course has been designed using the latest research and expertise from within Ambition Institute and across the sector to support you to transform the lives of pupils in disadvantaged areas.
Apply for Executive Leaders
Apply by 27 October for our autumn 2020 cohort of Executive Leaders. Please apply using our application portal by clicking the link below.Apply now
Why apply? Back to top
Excel as an Executive Leader
Build the confidence and knowledge you need to navigate executive leadership across several schools.
Explore the latest approaches to school improvement
Develop and action an improvement plan which raises outcomes for pupils across several schools.
Develop a targeted skillset
Learn the behavioural and technical competencies needed to thrive as an executive leader from a range of education system experts.
Build a peer-to-peer network
Learn from and share experiences with a powerful group of like-minded individuals facing the same challenges.
Gain a professional qualification
If you choose to complete the optional NPQEL, you will have a nationally recognised executive leadership qualification.
Content Back to top
Delivered over three terms, you’ll benefit from:
- Six days of expert-led training delivered over three intensive, two-day conferences, focusing on personal development and exploring different approaches to improving schools. The next cohort will begin in the autumn term with the first conference taking place online on 9-10 November. Conference two and three will take place in February and May 2021.
- Access to three hours of one-to-one coaching with a professional coach to unlock your executive leadership potential.
- A learning visit to a trust, including a workshop linked to your organisation’s aims and priorities.
- Leadership expertise from outstanding individuals and organisations working in education.
- Peer learning opportunities to expand knowledge and build a support network.
- An opportunity to gain an NPQEL, a nationally-recognised leadership qualification (optional).
Cost Back to top
This programme costs £5,950.
NPQs Back to top
Executive Leaders includes the option to complete a National Professional Qualification for Executive Leaders (NPQEL), at no additional cost.
To achieve the NPQEL , you must complete two projects focusing on the following:
- Design a sustainable business development strategy for your organisation, analysing costs, risks and benefits of various options and submit a written assessment of no more than 4,000 words.
- Lead a project to improve progress and attainment across several schools (exact focus to be agreed) and submit a written assessment of no more than 4,000 words.
Details regarding the projects and curriculum can be found here.
You will join a cohort of approximately 40 leaders and will have 12 months to complete your NPQEL (submission by November 2021).
Find our performance against nationally set NPQ metrics here.