Benefits for you
Become a headteacher within 12-18 months
This course will equip you with the confidence and expertise to move into your first headship role within the next 12-18 months. Our programmes have helped over 400 leaders achieve headship.
Join a network of leaders
You will join a cohort of 70 ambitious senior leaders on their journey to headship who are working in similar settings. Together, you will share learning and best practice.
Gain an NPQH
Take this final opportunity to gain an accredited NPQH.
Benefits for your school or trust
Transform pupil outcomes
Gain the knowledge and skills to improve outcomes and close the attainment gap for pupils in disadvantaged areas.
You’ll be able to use the knowledge and expertise you gain on the course to confidently upskill your Senior Leadership Team and Middle Leaders.
What you’ll learn
- Leadership theories and their application
- How to create an effective environment for pupils’ and learning
- How to lead effective teaching and learning school-wide (assessment, instruction and curriculum)
- How to lead school-wide professional development for staff
- Finance and resource management
- How to work well with partners and different stakeholder groups
- HR and statutory guidelines and requirements
How you’ll learn
This content will be delivered over the course of three two-day residential conferences and seven online twilight sessions, all of which must be attended to complete the course. The course combines one-to-one coaching, evidence-based learning and peer learning.
The Headship programme costs £3,500.
As part of the programme you will be required to complete the National Professional Qualification for Headship To achieve the NPQH qualification you must submit two written assignments focusing on the following:
- Leading a whole-school change programme to improve pupil progress and attainment (4,000-word essay)
- Researching your chosen placement school’s current or projected resource and capability challenges and designing an action plan to address them (2,500-word essay), lasting for two terms.
Details regarding the projects and curriculum can be found here.
Find our performance against nationally set NPQ metrics here.